July 14, 2008

Quote Poster 1

This past Sunday I decided to isolate myself and create a poster for my girlfriend. I have a great enthusiasm for rock posters, custom lettering and quotes. My sketchbooks tend to be filled with more text than drawings since I tend to think in words, a trait slightly uncommon for a visual artist (at least that is what I have found). So drawing inspiration from the exquisite work over at The Small Stakes I set out to create a poster for her of my favorite quote about love.


"Love is the extremely difficult realization that something other than oneself is real" - Iris Murdoch.
If you would like a copy of the poster you can download a PDF of it here

I plan on making a series of posters much like this one and perhaps putting on a show of them sometime in the next year.

0 comments: