June 07, 2010

Atreyu Nibbble

So in lieu of not having a Dribbble account I call these Nibbble's (Not Dribbble or just a cute variation since it is a nibble of what is to come). Atreyu is my newest typeface creation, it is still in the works but here is a preview. The typeface was used on the "Nothing to Lose, Everything to Win" shirt I illustrated but only in all caps. The finished Atreyu Grotesque will be a free font available hopefully by the end of July.

Atreyu is going to be a long experiment in typeface design. It began actually as a blackletter (and still exists as one), out of which the grotesque (sans-serif) was born. I plan on taking this typeface and creating a super family consisting of blackletter, grotesque, serif and slab-serif versions. In doing so it will be the neverending typeface, which is partly where the name came from (that and I listen to a lot of music while I work in my studio and usually make it bands that I feel fit what I'm working on and the band Atreyu just goes great with this, that and I love their music too. Enjoy!

0 comments: