November 10, 2010

Halloween

So Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I also see it as a chance to try my hand at something new. As in the case of last years There's Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself. So this year I ended up running down to the wire and decided to push myself even more. You see the Sunday before Halloween I bought a sewing machine. Having no clue how to use one I taught myself that evening. On Monday I cut fabric from a pattern I bought (which honestly figuring out the pattern instructions was more cryptic than the DaVinci Code and harder than learning to use the machine). Wednesday and Friday I put together the pirate coat and vest. The shirt and pants I had from another costume years ago. And Viola! Now I'm set for Renn Faire next year as well :)




I used this story as a parable to my freshman students that you can never think that you can't do something. Just fucking do it!

0 comments: